- Bastrop, TX, USA
- $43,582 - $67,667 Plus Bonus
- Full Time
Major Medical, Dental & Life Insurance, LTD, HSA, FSA (Dependent Care Reimbursement), Vacation, 401(k)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge; skill, ability, physical demands and work environment associated with this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under the direction of a General Manager, direct the activities of a single restaurant to ensure customers receive quality food and the highest level of customer service. Mentor managers and employees, and provide a focused effort on the sales growth of the restaurant.
- Responsible for growing catering through sell days, cold calling, visiting local businesses, networking and coordinating events in the restaurant
- Act as primary interface between front of the house and back of the house teams in GM's absence
- Assist with ordering and inventory
- Track and manage labor and food costs on each shift to meet restaurants goals
- Count, balance, and reconcile cash drawers and prepares deposits
- Schedule and assign duties to employees
- Ensure all restaurant standards are being met at all times during shift
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant in accordance with all sanitation regulations
- Anticipate and fulfill customers' needs and resolve customers' issues
- Build relationships with customers, managers and employees
- Complete daily walk through and submit all required reports for each shift
- Responsible for maintaining and routing all personnel paperwork according to standard and in compliance with all federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Record and verify daily financial information
- Prepare and post employees' work schedules
- Assist with payroll reports
Coach and Mentor Employees
- Monitor employee performance and write and deliver employee evaluations
- Train employees on new promotions, procedures, equipment etc.
- Evaluate job performance of employees on a semi-annual basis
- Screen, interview, and recommend external candidates for hourly employee positions to General Managers
- Coach and discipline employees when necessary and make appropriate employment decisions
- Reward and recognize employees for contributions and restaurant successes
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through subordinates with responsibility for service, food quality, shift planning, budgeting and maintaining costs. Directly responsible for scheduling, managing, coaching and mentoring employees.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have strong communication and computer literacy. Must have valid driver license and be insurable on company auto insurance policy.
Ability to read, write and speak English for all job related circumstances. Ability to analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of management, vendors, customers, and the general public. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, he/she is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. He/she is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. He/she must occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!